Those that are with the Lamb
Those that are with the Lamb (17:14)
In the midst of judgment within a spiritual wilderness, we see a glorious promise.
Revelation 17:14 — These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
We see the action and the resulting end of the False church, Antichrist and the powers that rule with him. They make war with the Lamb and the Lamb will overcome them! For He is Lord of lords and King of kings. There are those who set themselves in opposition to the Great King, but in this verse we also see some are "with Him". Herein is a promise to some, that they can overcome WITH the Lamb. These are the Called, Chosen and Faithful of God. These are the army of the Lamb.
Definition of "called": GREEK - kletos - adjective - invited, appointed
Romans 1:7—To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Called to Salvation. All are invited to salvation (Matthew 11:28; 20:16; 22:14; 2 Thessalonians 2:13).
- Called to be Saints. We are saints "by calling" (Jeremiah 31:3; John 6:44; 12:32; Romans 1:7; 8:28; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Jude 1).
- Called According to His Purpose.
Romans 8:28—And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Definition of "chosen": GREEK - eklektos - adjective - chosen out, select, favorite.
- Luke 23:35; 1 Peter 2:4,9
- Not all are Chosen (Matthew 22:14)
- Chosen Before the World (Ephesians 1:4)
- To Pick Out. To hand pick and choose for oneself. This does not imply the rejection of what is not chosen (Mark 13:20; Luke 6:13; John 15:16; Ephesians 1:4; James 2:5).
- To Take that which May be Taken. Taking that which is eligible or suitable to be taken. The choice is made according to suitability (Matthew 12:18; Psalm 25:12).
- The Chosen are the Elect (1 Peter 2:9)
Definition of "faithful": GREEK - pistos - verb - trustworthy, true, reliable, loyal, believe, faith.
- Passive: Meaning Faithful in the sense of to be trusted and reliable. Matthew 24:45; 25:21-23; Acts 16:15; 1 Corinthians 4:2; Ephesians 6:2; Colossians 1:7; 1 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 3:5
- Active: Faithful in the sense of actively believing and trusting. John 20:27; Acts 16:1; 2 Corinthians 6:15; Galatians 3:9.
- The Faithful will be wise
- The Faithful will be good
- Faithful to God
- Faithful to the Truth
These are not separate groups (Called, chosen, faithful), but is a description of those who are WITH and overcome WITH the Lamb.
2 Timothy 2:12 — If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: