Skip to main content
I'm Going To Heaven, I'm going There When I Die
- I'm going to Heaven, I'm going there when I die
- I'm going to Heaven, in the sweet ,sweet by and by
- I've placed my order far a mansion and a crown
- And in that book up yonder, my name is written down
- They tell me of a city, that's just beyond the sky
- They say the population will never, never die.
- There we'll walk forever upon the streets of gold
- And in that land immortal, we'll never more grow old.
- There will be no taxes, no rent we'll have to pay
- This deed is for your mansion, we'll hear the angels say
- No washing and no mending, no clothes that look threadbare.
- We'll have a snow-white garment of righteousness to wear
- There will be no sorrow, all tears are wiped away
- The undertakers signboard will not be on display
- There will be no doctor with a pillcase in his hand
- For there will be no sickness within that happy land
- We'll see the old time Baptist, who trod the holy way
- Some Nazarines and Pilgrims, some Methodists they say
- But best of all my brother, our Saviour we will see
- And what a grand homecoming that glorious day will be.