Deliverance Bible Institute
QUIZ 1 –Introduction
- What are some of the topics covered in Bible Atlas. (List 3)
Biblical: Nations, Persons, Archaeology, Geography, Politics, Measurements
- What was the “political right” Paul exercised to his advantage as an evangelist?
As a Roman citizen, Paul had a right to make his appeal to Caesar
- In John 4, what is the cultural backdrop that makes Christ’s statement in verse 4 have controversial implications?
Jews normally avoided Samaria because of the cultural tensions.
- During Christ’s time, the land of Palestine was divided into three parts: GALILEE, on the north; SAMARIA, in the middle; and JUDEA, on the south. Give a reference from Scripture naming each of these regions. (1 verse for each region; 3 verses total.)
Matthew 3:13—Galilee; John 4:4—Samaria; Matthew 2:1—Judea.
- Where did the Moabites come from? (Look in Genesis)
In Genesis 19, incest was committed between Lot and his daughters. The Moabites and Ammonites (two great enemies of Israel) were born out of this sin.
- Write out below and memorize Genesis 12:1.
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
- Other than Psalm 24, where else does the Scripture express the Lord’s ownership of the earth? (give at least two references)
Exodus 9:29; 19:5; Deuteronomy 10:14; I Chronicles 29:11; Job 41:11; Psalm 50:11,12; 89:11; 98:7; Daniel 4:25; Nahum 1:5; I Corinthians 10:26;
- From Genesis chapter 1. Describe the condition of the earth before God said, “let there be light.
the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
- Which came first, “Water” or “Dry Land?”
Water first and second Dry Land appeared.
- Describe the theory you prefer in regards to the “missing river heads” mystery—Pison and Gihon. (1-3 sentences)
See “§2-II-D. Theories on the missing heads” for complete list.
- What is the name of the first city mentioned in the Bible and where was it located? (hint: Cain built it.)
Cain built the city of Enoch naming it after his son.
- Write out below and memorize Genesis 12:1-3
1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
- Explain the Biblical connection with Armenia.
Armenia is a translation of the word Ararat. The Ark rested on one of its mountains.
- What is the more common name for Lusistan?
Elam is the more common name for Lusistan.
- What does Mesopotamia mean? Explain its meaning.
Mesopotamia means “Land between two rivers”. It is the land between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers.
- Choose 10 places from the first map given to you, circle them and list them below along with a Scripture reference mentioning it, and any relevant detail. [FOR EXAMPLE: Cyprus– Acts 21:16 –Mnason was an old disciple from Cyprus.]
QUIZ 3 –Biblical Archaeology
(Each Question is worth 5 points, including bonus.)
- What is “Cuneiform”?
- Describe a poor archeologist?
- What type of name did Moses have?
- When did the Exodus occur?
- Of what did the prophet Ezekiel foretell centuries before it was fulfilled?
- What affirms the fact that Abraham started in Chaldea and then migrated toCanaan?
- Belshazzar was a blood line descendant of whom?
- What verified the accuracy of the formerly discovered texts?
- How many surviving manuscripts of the New Testament do we have?
- What ranks the closest second to the New Testament in possessing the greatest amount of manuscript testimony?
BONUS: What are the Ebla tablets?