Skip to main content
Section 3 Notes
- Judges chapter 8
- Jg 8:1-3. Gideon pacifies the Ephraimites.
- Jg 8:4-9. Succoth and Penuel refuse to deliver Gideon's army.
- Jg 8:10-12. Zebah and Zalmunna are taken.
- Jg 8:13-16. Succoth and Penuel are destroyed.
- Jg 8:17-21. Gideon revenges his brethren's death on Zebah and Zalmunna.
- Jg 8:22-23. He refuses government.
- Jg 8:24-27. His ephod the cause of idolatry.
- Jg 8:28. Midian subdued.
- Jg 8:29-32. Gideon's children, and death.
- Jg 8:33-35. The Israelites' idolatry and ingratitude.
- Judges chapter 9
- Jg 9:1-6. Abimelech by conspiracy with the Shechemites, and murder of his brethren, is made king.
- Jg 9:7-21. Jotham by a parable rebukes them, and foretells their ruin.
- Jg 9:22-29. Gaal conspires with the Shechemites against him.
- Jg 9:30-33. Zebul reveals it.
- Jg 9:34-45. Abimelech overcomes them, and sows the city with salt.
- Jg 9:46-49. He burns the hold of the god Berith.
- Jg 9:50-55. At Thebez he is slain by a piece of a millstone.
- Jg 9:56-57. Jotham's curse if fulfilled.