Skip to main content
Judges chapter 10
- Jg 10:1-2. Tola judges Israel in Shamir.
- Jg 10:3-5. Jair, whose thirty sons had thirty cities.
- Jg 10:6-9. The Philistines and Ammonites oppress Israel.
- Jg 10:10-14. In their misery God sends them to their false gods.
- Jg 10:15-18. Upon their repentance he pities them.
Judges chapter 11
- Jg 11:1-11. The covenant between Jephthah and the Gileadites, that he should be their head.
- Jg 11:12-28. The treaty of peace between him and the Ammonites is in vain.
- Jg 11:29-31. Jephthah's vow.
- Jg 11:32-33. His conquest of the Ammonites.
- Jg 11:34-40. He performs his vow on his daughter.
Judges chapter 12
- Jg 12:1-6. The Ephraimites, quarrelling with Jephthah, and discerned by Shibboleth, are slain by the Gileadites.
- Jg 12:7. Jephthah dies.
- Jg 12:8-10. Ibzan, who had thirty sons, and thirty daughters;
- Jg 12:11-12. and Elon;
- Jg 12:13-15. and Abdon, who had forty sons, and thirty nephews, judge Israel.
Judges chapter 13
- Jg 13:1. Israel is delivered into the hands of Philistines.
- Jg 13:2-7. An angel appears to Manoah's wife.
- Jg 13:8-14. The angel appears to Manoah.
- Jg 13:15-23. Manoah's sacrifices, whereby the angel is discovered.
- Jg 13:24-25. Samson is born.
Judges chapter 14
- Jg 14:1-5. Samson desires a wife of the Philistines.
- Jg 14:6-7. In his journey he kills a lion.
- Jg 14:8-9. In a second journey he finds honey in the carcase.
- Jg 14:10-11. Samson's marriage feast.
- Jg 14:12-18. His riddle by his wife is made known.
- Jg 14:19. He spoils thirty Philistines.
- Jg 14:20. His wife is married to another.
Judges chapter 15
- Jg 15:1-2. Samson is denied his wife.
- Jg 15:3-5. He burns the Philistines' corn with foxes and firebrands.
- Jg 15:6. His wife and her father are burnt by the Philistines.
- Jg 15:7-8. Samson smites them hip and thigh.
- Jg 15:9-13. He is bound by the men of Judah, and delivered to the Philistines.
- Jg 15:14-17. He kills them with a jawbone.
- Jg 15:18-20. God makes the fountain En-hakkore for him in Lehi.
Judges chapter 16
- Jg 16:1-3. Samson at Gaza escapes, and carries away the gates of the city.
- Jg 16:4-5. Delilah, corrupted by the Philistines, entices Samson.
- Jg 16:6-14. Thrice she is deceived.
- Jg 16:15-20. At last she overcomes him.
- Jg 16:21. The Philistines take him, and put out his eyes.
- Jg 16:22-31. His strength renewing he pulls down the house upon the Philistines, and dies.
Judges chapter 17
- Jg 17:1-4. Of the money that Micah first stole, then restored, his mother makes images;
- Jg 17:5-6. and he ornaments for them.
- Jg 17:7-13. He hires a Levite to be his priest.
Judges chapter 18
- Jg 18:1-2. The Danites send five men to seek out an inheritance.
- Jg 18:3-6. At the house of Micah they consult with Jonathan, and are encouraged on their way.
- Jg 18:7-10. They search Laish, and bring back news of good hope.
- Jg 18:11-13. Six hundred men are sent to surprise it.
- Jg 18:14-26. In their way they rob Micah of his priest and his consecrated things.
- Jg 18:27-29. They win Laish, and call it Dan.
- Jg 18:30-31. They set up idolatry, wherein Jonathan inherits the priesthood.
Judges chapter 19
- Jg 19:1-15. A Levite goes to Beth-lehem to fetch home his concubine.
- Jg 19:16-21. An old man entertains him at Gibeah.
- Jg 19:22-28. The Gibeonites abuse his concubine to death.
- Jg 19:29-30. He divides her into twelve pieces, and sends them to the twelve tribes.
Judges chapter 20
- Jg 20:1-7. The Levite in a general assembly declares his wrong.
- Jg 20:8-11. The decree of the assembly.
- Jg 20:12-17. The Benjamites, being cited, make head against the Israelites.
- Jg 20:18-25. The Israelites in two battles lose forty thousand.
- Jg 20:26-48. They destroy by a stratagem all the Benjamites, except six hundred.
Judges chapter 21
- Jg 21:1-7. The people bewail the desolation of Benjamin.
- Jg 21:8-15. By the destruction of Jabesh-gilead they provide them four hundred wives.
- Jg 21:16-25. They advise the remainder to surprise the virgins that danced at Shiloh.