Some Keys to Studying the Book of Revelation
- Revelation 19
- Philippians 3:10
- Psalm 45
- Zephaniah 1:14
- Revelation 12:15
- Introduction [1:1-8]
- Christ and the 7 Golden Candlesticks [1:9-20]
- 7 Letters to 7 Churches [2-3]
- Vision of the Throne 
- Seven Seals [5-8:1]
- Angels and 7 Trumpets [8:2-13; 9-11]
- A War in Heaven and a War on Earth 
- 2 Beasts and the Dragon 
- A Lamb Stood on Mount Sion [14:1-5]<
- Judgement Hour Messages [14:6-20]
- 7 Last Plagues in Vials [15-16]<
- Fall of Babylon [17-18]
- The Marriage and Marriage Feast of the Lamb 
- Millenial Kingdom [20:1-10]
- Last Judgment [20:11-15]
- All Things New [21-22:1-5]
- Closing [22:6-21]
- Pictures of Christ
- People of Revelation
General Instructions on Bible Study
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- STUDY, ENDEAVOR, LABOR
2Ti 2:15 — Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Its often in the process of the work, that discovery unexpected is made.
- KEEP THE UNITY OF SPIRIT
Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Study with the intent of acquiring truth to help others as well as ourselve. NOT TO WIN A DEBATE
It is true of Scripture as all "manifestations of the Spirit": That the manifestations of the spirit are given to every man to profit withall.
1 Corinthians 12:7 — But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
- Emphasis prayer coupled with study.
Php 1:9 — And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
- Interpretation is made by comparing Scripture with Scripture.
2 Peter 1:20,21 — Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
The Bible is a UNITED work
Some Keys to Studying Revelation in Particular
- It IS GIVEN that we understand it!
Daniel 9:13 — As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
Don't major on the minors.
John was exiled by emperor Domition in his persecution of the Christians to the Isle of Patmos.
Stands stil today with an enormous fortress like Greek orthodox church in its center.
addressed to 7 churches of Asia. All existed within a 150 sq miles of where John was exiled. 1:1; 3; 9;
4:1 "shortly","John's lifetime"
"the last days" Genesis 49:1; Isaiah 2:2; Micah 4:1; Acts 2:17; 2 Timothy 3:1; Hebrews 1:2; 2 Peter 3:3
IS, IS BEING, WILL BE
- Adopt some Rules for Consistent Interpretation
In this study, we will seek to faithfully apply the following principles.
Unless textual statements or clues are given otherwise, we will interpret Revelations prophetic events as being fulfilled in the sequence they are written.
Being a book of prophecy, we will look to the future first for fulfillment before the past.\n\n- We will interpret the numbers of this book literally first, before applying typical meaning to them.
We will interpret symbols consistently through the book of Revelation and in the greater context of the Bible as a whole.
God is good and He keeps His Word. We will shine the light of these truths and the revelations of God's nature throughout the Bible upon all the events of this Book and with them temper our interpretations. ( Psalm 73:1 )
Outline of Revelation
The Church Age
- Pentecost: Birth of the Church --> John Exiled on Isle of Patmos
- Vision of the Glorified Christ and His Church
- 7 Letters to 7 Churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea.
- Near the end of the Church age will be a TRANSLATION of the Bride and its conclusion will be the RAPTURE of the Church
7 Years of Tribulation
First 3.5 Years of Tribulation
- Concludes with the Rapture of the Church
- Vision of the Throne
Second 3.5 Years of Tribulation
- Seal #1 White Horse
- Seal #2 Red Horse
- Seal #3 Black Horse
- Seal #4 Pale Horse
- Seal #5 Martyrs
- Seal #6 Cataclysmic Physical Events
- Sealing of 144,000
- Palm Bearing Multitude
- Seal #7 Half-Hour of Silence in Heaven
Angels and 7 Trumpets
- \"Another\" Angel
- Trumpet #1 Hail and Fire mingled with blood
- Trumpet #2 Something (Meteor) like a Burning Moutain Plunges in the Sea
- Trumpet #3 A Star Called Wormwood
- Trumpet #4 1/3 of Sun, Moon and Stars Darkened and Announcement of Greater Judgment (Woe, Woe, Woe)
- Trumpet #5 Woe #1 The Fallen Star and the Locusts
- Trumpet #6 Woe #2 The Release of Four Bound Angels & thier Army of Horsemen
- Cloud-Robed Angel
- The Measuring of the Temple of God
- The Two Witnesses
- Trumpet #7 Woe #3 The Coming of the Lord
- The Attending Manifestations
- A War in Heaven and a War on Earth
- Sun-Clothed Woman
- Remnant of the Woman's Seed
- A Beast out of the Sea
- A Beast ouf the Earth
- The Mark of the Beast
- The Song of the Redeemed Sung before the Throne
- An Angel Preaches the Everlasting Gospel
- Another Angel Preaches 'Babylon is Fallen'
- Another Angel Warns Against the Mark of the Beast
- The Son of Man with a Sharp Sickle. Another Angel Invites 'Thrust in thy sickle, and Reap'. He Thrusts in His Sickle and the Earth Was Reaped
- Another Angel Coming Out of the Temple Also havig a Sickle
- Another Angel Coming Out from the Altar Cries 'Thrust in thy sharp sickle'
- The Angel Thrusts in His Sickle and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God - The Blood of the Winepress
- 7 Angels Come Out of the Temple and One of the Four Beasts Give These Angels 7 Golden Vials
- Vial #1 Judgment on the Folowers of the Anti-christ
- Vial #2 Judgment on the Sea
- Vial #3 Judgment on the Rivers
- Vial #4 Judgment of the Suns Heat Released
- Vial #5 Judgment of the Throne of the Beast
- Vial #6 Judgment of Armageddon
- Vial #7 Judgment of the Nations
- Judgment of Mystery Babylon
- Judgment of Babylon the Great City
- a great voice of much people in heaven
- the four and twenty elders
- the four beasts
- a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants,
- the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings
- the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready
- Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb
- of Him that Sat on the White Horse and the Beast with the Kings of the Earth
- Heaven Opened and 'Faithful and True' on a White Horse
- King of Kings
- The Supper of the Great God
- Devil Bound
- Reign of Righteousness
- Devil Released and Deceives
- A Great and Final Rebellion
- The Last Judgment/Great White Throne Judgment
- New Heaven and New Earth
- New Jerusalem
- one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, 'I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife'
- River of Life Flowing from the Throne
- A Tree of Life
- New, Different
- No More Curse
- No More Sinners
- No Night
- No need of a candle
- These sayings are faithful and true:
- the things which must shortly be done.
- Behold, I come quickly
- blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
- John Falls Down and Worships at the feet of the Angel
- Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
- Blessed are they that do his commandments,
- the Spirit and the Bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely
- A Curse on those Who Add or Take Away from the Words of this Book
- I Come Quickly