(READ FIRST) Introduction to Project
There are 260 chapters in the New Testament. So, by reading 2 chapters a day will complete the New Testament in 130 days. Beginning our project on January 1, 2022 we should complete it by May 10, 2022.
How should I do this?
- STEP 1: Read
Set aside 20 minutes a day (especially helpful if it is the same time every day) for reading the day's passage. While reading jot down any concepts or images that stick out to you from the reading.
STEP 2: Choose a Scripture from your reading as your main text.
STEP 3: Create! After reading, illustrate by drawing, painting, etc. on the medium of your choice (See ideas below "Ideas for Illustrative Forms") a single concept from the passage or even an overview of the passage. IT IS UP TO YOU.
Send In Your Illustration
Take a picture or send a digital copy of your completed illustration or illustrations each week and email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send this in EACH week before Sunday School even if your illustration isn't quite complete.
Revisit this Page
Visit this page every day to check the passages to read and review uploaded illustrations.
Ideas for Illustrative Forms
We can borrow tools and formats from one, all, or none of the seven art forms: Painting, Sculpture, Literature, Architecture, Theater, Film and Music.
Your painting surface can be a stretched linen or cotton canvas, wood, metal, plastic, paper, glass, etc..
You can 'paint' with watercolors, oils, acrylics, spray paint, markers, etc.
Also consider Pen, Pencil, or Crayon Sketches.
You can sculpture using materials like marble, wood, copper or bronze, clay, or even play dough.
- Poetry ( Haiku, metered and or ryhmed verse, a psalm)
- Write a Short Story, Essay, Composition
- Research and Display Board
- Recreate a biblical structure like the Bethlehem stable.
- Skit, Play, Dramatic Monologue, Dialogue ( comedy, drama)
- Scripture Video (Scripture reading as narration with video as accompaniment to the Scripture text.)
- Animation (Flipbook, 2D drawing, stop-frame)
- Photography (portait, scenery, animals, character trait/virtue, collage, mosaic, etc.)
Write a Song and or compose a piece of music.
- Miscellanous Ideas
- Invent a game (for example requring memory of a verse to succeed)