Nourished Up in the Words of Faith and of Good Doctrine 1 Timothy 4:6-7
1 Timothy 4:6-7 — If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
Even the children to be ministers of the Gospel. And if were to minister, we need to know and understand the truth by the Spirit.
"Ministering Christ" Not promoting self, but true ministers of Jesus Christ. Many are talking about Jesus, but do not even know Him.
Nourished Up in the Words of Faith and Good Doctrine - "Whereunto thou has attained" - So that we attain it, put it into practice
Many are saying things which are not of faith. Instead are: demeaning, compromise, discouraging, of unbeliefe.
1 Timothy 4:1 — Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.
- We need the word of faith that is nourishing our soul.
- The evil that is present, is going to effect alot of people. We must REMIND the brethren of these things, lest it happen to them.
- "Now the Spirit speaketh..." If the Holy Ghost is speaking, shouldn't we be listening? We need to pay attention to what God is saying.
- "Seducing spirits" You can start believing things that are false. You do not have to fear the devil, if you are trusting the Lord. You should respect him although as you would a snake. Pray for Jesus to be Lord of your life. If you play with snakes, you will get bit.
- Remind the brethren we are in days of apostasy — of departing from the faith.
2 Corinthians 6:1 — We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.