Bible Believers Treatment of Bible Believers
The Civil War Among Bible Believers
THEME: Lessons we can learn from our history as Bible Believers of our treatment of other Bible Believers.
REAL PUBLIC PERSECTION
- Calvin's heavy handedness
- Zwingli drowning of baptists?
Persecutions by the PURITANS
- Roger Williams perseucation in New England
- John Clark, Obadiah Holmes PURITANS busted down the door during service and took them to a puritan church service, jail and court [John Clark defends Believer's baptism], beat Obadiah Holmes "slashes to his back", "You have whipped me as with roses"
- Doing God's service when putting to death
- Roger Wiliam's "a bloody tenant yet more bloody"
- John Leeland
- Isaac Backus
- abuse of power