The Practical Side of Love
text: Matthew 22:37
Matthew 22:37 — Mt 22:34 ¶ But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. 35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
- Should I date? (depends)
1.TIME: Urgency and Immediacy (biger than me)
- Early church at Jerusalem, Turn of the century Revivals in America --- Christ for the nations
- biological clock
- appropraite at 5 years old?
- Carefuless and Guardig your heart
2. Who are You?
- Do you know who you are?
- The human brain is still literally growing until about 25 years old.
- Inform your Conscience with the Word of God and Lived Experiences (proved God's word in your life.)
Psalm 139:4 — made for a purpose
- If married will be sharing purpose, know yours and so you can measure how they relate or not.
- Your value, the sacredness of your body, your worth (selling out cheap)
- Honesty and sincerity
- Knowledge Shapes us (delayed conversations)
3. Lean Heavily on the People that Know You Best
- Abraham sent Eleazar (Genesis 24)
4. Is the Gospel Missing?
- Polygamy, concubines, people like propoerty, mistreatment, slavery, etc. what is missing? The Gospel is what is missing.
- The message of grace, forgiveness, seeing the potential of God in someone and acknowledging the present REALITIES.
- There is life after failure! and disappointment.
- How does god work in a persons life?