Offerings of God - Sermon Notes
- Sermon Notes October 2, 2022
- Preacher: Stephen Reynolds, Sr.
What Manner of Love
1 John 3:1 — Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
John 4:13-14 — Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
John 4:18-19 — For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. 19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
- Jesus deals very directly with some personal things with this lady.
- How many marriages started out in love, but then failed? (5 times for this lady)
- He is not digging
- "Don't mention those things, they hurt."
Does my experience measure up to the words that I speak?
There is a LOVE relationship with God, that goes beyond the 'demands of the law'.
People Follow Spirits
John 4:22-24 — Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- We need the Word of God and the Spirit
- The Spirt and Word agree.
- There are 'false worshippers' if there are 'true worshippers'
- Drink of the water that I shall give you.