What do They Know?
- What is True of God is always true of Him. He never changes.
Malachi 3:6 — For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
- What can we know about God? (He is knoweable), Unsearchable - inscruteable "difficult to understand"
Romans 11:33 ¶ O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
- What He has disclosed about Himself.
Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Those That Know not God
Job 18:21 Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.
- His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle,
- and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
- It [Desolation is here personified,] shall dwell in his tabernacle, because it is none of his:
- brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.
- His roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off.
- 17 His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street.
- 18 He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.
- 19 He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings.
- 20 They that come after him shall be astonied at his day, as they that went before were affrighted.
- 21 Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.
God's People know that God is Among them.
Joshua 3:10 — And Joshua said, Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites. [1Sa 17:46]
- The Living God is among you
Those that have Seen His Hand know that God is mighty.
Joshua 4:23 For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over:
Joshua 4:24 — That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever
Those that have been deliverd by God know there are Battles to Fight.
Jos 23:13 Know for a certainty that the LORD your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.
That these remainders of the Canaanites, if they should harbour them, and indulge them, and join in affinity with them, would be snares and traps to them, both to draw them to sin (not only to idolatry, but to all immoralities, which
The Redeeemed Know God keeps His promises.
Joshua 23:14 — And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.
so much more