How Many Promises in the Bible?
- Some people say there are 1,260 promises in the Bible
- Some people have tried and come up with about 3,000.
- Others have counted 7,000.
- Herbert Lockyer wrote All the promises of the Bible and lists 8,000.
- There are 31,102 VERSES. (This could total 31,102 PROMISES)
The difficulty of numbering the promises is due to questions like:
- “Is a promise with several parts counted as one or is each part counted as a promise?”
- “What is considered a promise?” If every verse of God’s Word is considered a ‘promise’, that would be 31,102 promises! Or, if each verse portion was considered a ‘promise’ that total 31,102-PLUS promises!